Goal-oriented interior designer/business professional with a history of achieving desired results through effective relationship building. Consistently demonstrating thoroughness, efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to learn new systems and procedures with a genuine desire to learn new skills. Demonstrated ability in achieving win-win outcomes though the analysis of customer needs and identification of creative, cost-effective solutions.
September ’03 – June ’06 Central Washington University Ellensburg, WA
Bachelor of Arts Interior Design with emphasis in Construction Management & Business Administration
July ‘13 – Present: Oroville Co-op Preschool Board Member Oroville, WA
Volunteer Position, Vice President (2013-2015), President (2015-2017), Secretary (2017-Present)
- Managing day-to-day business activities in non-profit setting including budgeting, filling in for other board members in their absence, planning monthly meetings/setting agendas and weekly meetings with teacher.
- Plan and oversee fundraising events from start to finish for 150+ attendees.
- Staying up to date on all Non-Profit requirements at the Federal and State level, update member duties, enrollment forms, bylaws and teacher contracts as needed.
October ‘05 – Present: Welcome Home Interior Design Oroville, WA
- Assisting clients with all aspects of residential and commercial interior design
- Managing day-to-day business activities in a retail setting including training/supervising employees, budgeting/financial forecasting and marketing/social media.
- Project Proposal writing, product research and selection, ordering and receiving
- Working with architects, homeowners, contractors and sub-contractors
- View Portfolio online at: http://www.welcomehomeid.net/
- Major projects include:
- Veranda Beach Partnership, http://www.verandabeach.com/
Architectural plan review with developer, architect and project manager. Interior/exterior material and color selections. Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment supply, service and install. Creating and working with in a budget, selection sheets, creating furniture, linen, kitchen and art/accessory packages and material boards. Project includes three different overall designs with two different floor plan options each and two color schemes to choose from. Since taking over this project, I have sourced less expensive, higher quality materials bringing costs down across the board.
- Legend Resort Management, http://www.legendresorts.com/index.htm
Upgrade furniture, linen, art/accessory packages in current rental properties. Creating these packages with budgets and color/material selection. Supply, service and install.
- Silver Spur Resort, Homeowners Lodge, http://silverspurresort.com/
Interior/exterior material and color selections. Furniture, Fixture and Equipment supply, service and install. Working with General Contractor and Subs on daily basis to ensure commercial, ADA building specs were followed.
July ‘15 – July ‘16: Stellar Homes INC Oroville, WA
Contract Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Managing day-to-day business activities in office setting including, payroll, tracking job expenses, paying bills, budgeting/financial forecasting and marketing/social media.
- Project Bid writing, scheduling with homeowners, sub-contractors, product research/ selection, ordering/ receiving
December ‘08 – December ‘12: Through the Wooden Gate, LLC Oroville, WA
- Writing legal documents
Software (very proficient) – QuickBooks, Microsoft Office 2007, Print Shop, AutoCAD
Software (proficient) – 20-20 Design
Miscellaneous – Hand drafting, space planning, color rendering, client profiling, furniture specifications, historic research, professional presentation techniques
Please email me for references, firstname.lastname@example.org